Friday, February 13, 2009

Some random things....

I spent a little time putting this list together for FB. I figured I would post it here as well:

Some random things

+ Canada is the only other country I have visited.

+ I never saw the Pacific Ocean [in person] until 2004.

+ I have been and will always be a fan of Cleveland Sports Teams. Ok....the Cavs have never won a title, the Browns haven't won a title since '64 and the Tribe hasn't won it all since '48. I don't know what I would do if one wins a title.

+ I got a chance to meet George H.Bush and Jack Nicklaus a few years ago at Muirfield Country Club in Dublin, OH.

+ In 1994, I dislocated my left kneecap after diving to dig a volleyball and got to ride across Painesville with it still dislocated. Every bump the squad hit was like a screwdriver to the knee.

+ I still know that the German word for "figure of a dwarf in the garden" is Gartenzwerg and that Schnabeltier is German for duck-billed platypus.

+ Though I currently abstain from drinking any alcohol, I have had hundreds of beers from around the world. I have even helped brew some.

+ There are times I can't get the "Crab People" song from South Park out of my head.....look like crabs....talk like people...

+ I have no idea why - Murray Head's "One Night in Bangkok" is one of my all time favorite songs.

+ I love cheesecake, nut roll, lobster bisque, dark chocolate, and German chocolate cake.

+ I actually know what the four Houses are at the Hogwarts School of Magic and know it is possible for a team to lose at Quidditch even if their seeker captures the Golden Snitch.

+ I think way too many movies are made in to trilogies. In many cases, the first movie should have never been made (let alone a sequel and a prequel.)

+ I believe everyone you meet in life leaves a lasting imprint on you [no matter how long you know them.]

+ The mascots from the two colleges I attended are "The Fighting Scots" [Undergrad] and "The Zips" [Grad].

+ I am trying to learn how to appreciate the forest instead of staring at the same damn tree.

+ I don't get to many concerts but I have seen Genesis, Don Henley, Paul McCartney, Billy Joel and Elton John live at one time or another. I actually remember seeing Sha-Na-Na as well [the things we remember.]

+ I have not always gone by my birth name Maruschak - for a number of years I went by an adopted last name - Nighman.

+ Our family recipe for nut roll is the best out there. It is good to have Hungarian bloodlines.

+ John Grisham is one of my favorite authors.

+ I attended my first Ohio State-Michigan game during November 2008(seats were on the 50!)

+ I once caught a 31" Walleye.

+ Great Lakes Brewing Co. is one of my favorite places to eat.

1 comment:

BoyWithNoSmell said...

Hey, you have a legitamate shot with the Cavs this year. The King is crazy and their role players finally have some credibility.

I also had a Golden Retriever for about 9 years. He was the best dog our family ever had. My mom still gets teary thinking about when he died.