Thursday, October 9, 2008

Some movie reviews

I got a chance to see a couple movies lately that were of note. One was very good while the other...not so much.

I will start with the one that I didn't care for. That movie was "The Happening" by M. Night Shyamalan. This was another example of his movies that didn't live up to the hype. The preview provided more drama than the actual movie. I kept waiting for something major to "happen" but it never really did.


The movie had its moments but it never really came together. It was one of those movies that ended and I was thinking...you're kidding me. I think I am going to officially throw in the towel on his movies.

M. Night got off to a great start in his career with movies like "The Sixth Sense", "Unbreakable" and "Signs." His last three movies "The Village", "Lady in the Water" and "The Happening" have been pretty disappointing. All have looked interesting based on the previews but haven't delivered.

To close on a more positive note, I also saw Iron Man. This movie follows the long line of comic book heroes that have made their way to the big screen.


I was not as familiar with Iron Man (compared to some of the other super heroes.) I am also not a big fan of Robert Downey Jr. None of that mattered though.

I enjoyed this movie from start to finish. There was plenty of action. The special effects in the move were mind-blowing as well. We rented the Blu-Ray version. This was one movie where it was worth seeing high definition in action.

This movie is highly recommended and will probably find its way into our collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI the Iron Man Blu-Ray was $19 at Target last week. Our first Blu-Ray purchase for all the reasons you mentioned! Awesome flick.