Thursday, August 13, 2009

20 Year High School Reunion - captured in a poem

This past weekend I attended my 20 year high school reunion. It was a great experience. I may try to post about it another time.

Last month, a classmate of mine wrote a poem about our upcoming reunion. I asked her if I could share it in a blog post. She was ok with me doing so.

I thought she did a great job of capturing the sentiments many of us felt leading up to our reunion. Here was what she wrote:

We were all in different places
All at the same time
Though pursuing various outcomes
We all had one in mind
Never realized 'til we were older
How similar we all were
Growing up in different phases
s o m e s l o w e r
---some a blur---
"Halls of Ivy", parties, classes left and right
Crossing paths, exchanging glances
Forming friendships- sometimes fights
We grew together...
We grew apart...
In many ways each of us affected many hearts
Sadly, we have lost some classmates along the way
So we'll bring memories of them with us on Reunion Day
For those of us still on this earth -
People are anxiously waiting to see you
And know you're doing fine
After all, it is EACH ONE that makes up the whole
CLASS OF '89

C.J.N.

Thanks again for sharing this with all of us Callico.

No comments: